Sunday, October 4, 2009

Challenges, Christmas and a busy weekend

Well its been a busy couple of days but of course I always somehow manage to fit in a couple of hours of stamping! I have been frantically ticking of my to do list(which incidentally seems to grow rather than deplete LOL). With the big move fast approaching (2 weeks) I really have to keep sorting and packing. The house is really starting to look bare.
First off was a small box for my nieces for christmas (Oma please don't show them this). I figure I am pretty safe putting this up before Christmas as they have gone away camping this week. I just needed something to house a couple of small sparkly items so used one of Laurens templates again. I just adore her packaging.

The next project was to come up with the challenge card for our stamp club which was to use the word picture (Psalm 23) "he makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters". And/Or use only complimentary colours of which I used Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango. I had this stamp from All That Scraps " Magnolia Waterfall Background" which although of course not Stampin Up, which we are encouraged to use, it certainly spoke volumes to me in regard to our challenge. So if I fail I fail but I just love how it turned out. What the photos fail to show are all the sparkles i have used to really make it come alive and "pop". IRL it is very cute.


Lastly I need to show you the teachers gifts I have made for Christmas this year. I KNOW its really early huh but if I don't start now I will never make it. I have made 10 cards and 10 boxes which will house note books, chocolate and hot chocolate (I think!!?) I will probably change my mind ten times before they go out but at least I have got this far.
The card

and 5 out of the 10 showing all the different papers and colours I used. The Holiday Treasures paper is gorgeous.
Well thanks for looking and sorry for the longgggg post. I just took the opportunity while I had it to load this on. Have an awesome Sunday!
LOL Tamara




No comments:

Post a Comment